Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My home,

My home took a while for me to warm up to. We've had hot and cold spots for sure, but after the last hardship we went through I can't help but look upon it fondly and call it my home.

You see, I live in a 5th wheel. Its a hard place to get used to when the whole place is only 35' by 8' and all the furniture is built in. Doesn't leave a lot of room for decorating, do I did my best.



You can see that its no Better Homes and Gardens place to live. Its more like a gypsy shack. But, I did the best with what I had and this is what I've come up with. Besides, you'd like it as much as me if you had to deal with the stuff I did in the last two weeks.

A while ago we had this problem with the sinks draining, so Ty took off the P-trap under it and looked around to see if there was anything in there. Alas, there wasn't so we put it back on and called it a day.



Until we look in the bathtub. Where I keep all my clothes.


(By the way it did not look that nice at that time. Things have gotten much better since then.)

They were drenched in about 3-4 inches of grey water that had backed up into the bath as a result of us playing with the pipes. So after that whole scenario Tyler built me a platform upon which I could keep my laundry basket full of clothes and thank goodness he did. Last week it happened again, except this time the water didn't drain.

He and his dad went under the trailer and had to drill a hole in the pipe that dropped anything from our septic to the main septic on the property. They snaked it out, all the while Tyler is getting sprayed with this backed up water and I am in the kitchen putting away dishes with a fiery rage. 

I can't say what a relief it is to not have to worry about plumbing. It'll ruin your day.

Until you wake the next day after first rain and find that the roof had leaked a gallon of water onto your couch. 

It is fixed now, but at the time I was so upset I looked for apartments Ty and I could move into. So this is where I live, and all the pictures were taken today. That is how it looks now. I can honestly say that living here is really fun, especially since we went through the hardships we did together.

Living small really makes you appreciate the things you have, and miss the things you took for granted.



No comments:

Post a Comment